The following recipe comes courtesy of my favourite contestant on the last season of Top Chef: Just Desserts. Eric’s desserts were never super posh or pretentious, just professional home-bake style goodness that focused on great flavour. If I remember correctly he won the elimination challenge with these cookies and that win was much deserved. The recipe is so simple, definitely the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve made.
And I just discovered while researching Eric that he works for the famous Baked bakery in New York, super cool!
Eric Wolitzky’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 340 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 400 grams brown sugar
- 21 ounces flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 21 ounces chocolate chips
1. Melt butter, cool slightly.
2. Paddle sugars with melted butter.
3. Whisk together dry ingredients.
4. Add eggs slowly.
5. Add flour, mix, add chips.
6. Bake at 325 for 14min or until golden brown.