On Saturday I became obsessed with Mars Bars. I blame watching the show Chuck’s Day Off in the morning. Here is happy jolly Chuck DEEP FRYING MARS BARS. What a sin, but I became consumed with the need to have one as soon as possible.
As the day wore on I annoyed my friends by asking them where I could acquire a deep fried mars bar, or just randomly shouting out ‘MARS BAR’ !! Eventually I bought some and managed to get my bake on. It’s not deep fried, but it tastes equally as sinful.
I took a candy bar brownie recipe and smothered the top in a condensed milk, melted chocolate, cream, butter concoction that I can’t remember how I created, it was quite good though..
Here is the candy bar brownie, a little trashy, very easy and completely yummy.
Mars Bar Brownies
(adapted from cookiemadness.net)
Candy Bar Brownies
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3 Mars Bars, chopped up
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch metal pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray.
- Stir eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into sugar mixture. Fold in chopped 1 and a half Mars Bars
- Spoon mixture into pan and bake at 350° for 22 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle top with remaining chopped Mars Bars. Return to oven and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a rack then transfer to refrigerator and chill. When brownies are cold, lift foil from pan and score into squares.