I went to a very posh potluck this weekend. There were two types of lasagna, butter chicken and one guy even made sushi from scratch.
The dessert I brought was certainly not posh but every bit as tasty. The blended digestive biscuits with the peanut butter mixture give a really great texture.
Also you can’t go wrong at all with peanut butter + chocolate.
I added the oreo base to the original recipe to give it that extra SHAZAM.
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
(adapted from browneyedbaker.com)
Yield: 16 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Chill Time: 30 minutes
For the crust:
– 1½ cups or 5 ounces (3 cups or 10 ounces to double) finely ground Oreos, or other chocolate cookie
– 5 tablespoons (10 tablespoons to double) unsalted butter, melted
– 1/3 cup (2/3 cup to double) granulated sugar
- Line an 8×8-inch square pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over the sides, then butter the foil. Set aside.
- Stir together ingredients and press into bottom of the pan. Fill right away or chill for up to 2 hours.
For the middle and topping:
– ½ cup unsalted butter
– 1¾ cups powdered sugar
– 1 cup smooth peanut butter
– ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
– ¼ cup unsalted butter
– ½ cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the ½ cup of butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- In the now-empty saucepan, melt the ¼ cup unsalted butter. Add the chocolate and stir until almost completely melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Remove from the pan using the foil overhangs and place on a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to slice into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.