Ok, this is it, I’m done..no more tortes for a long time. But at least I have found a recipe that is absolutely right on the money. After a few failed attempts, this ganache chocolate explosion stays firm and thick and delicious. I put it on top of a digestive/graham cracker base because everything is better (the world is actually a better place) with a digestive/graham cracker base.
Chocolate Ganache Torte/Tart/Thing
(from America’s Test Kitchen)
For the crust:
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 75g butter
Butter and line a 9inch cake tin.
- Smoosh up the biscuits in a food processor.
- Mix in the butter gently. Pat down into the prepared tin.
For the ganache:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 pounds (750g) dark chocolate
- 12 tablespoons butter
- Put chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream in a pan on low/medium heat until it’s just about boiling.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Using a spoon, gently stir until smooth and cream and chocolate is combined.
- Add the butter and mix until smooth.
- Pour onto the digestive biscuit base and let set in the fridge for 3 hours/overnight.. if you can wait that long!