I hate to fall for marketing ploys, but I’ll be honest – I’m a consumerist whore. Make it bright and shiny, and I’m all over it.
And so a recent ad for m&ms portrays them as THE fun candy choice… and in reality, they really are. They’re colourful, tasty and make the ordinary cookie look like the life of the party. Oh, and they taste delicious.
m&m’s party cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup M&M’S
- Heat oven to 375°F. Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in 2/3 cup M&M’S.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press several additional M&M’S sinto each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.