Why did I call this cake? There is no cake in this, it’s a slice, or a bar, or an explosion of tasty excellence.
I first tried this when my buddy Antonia made it for us way back when and I was in awe of how simple it was to make. No bake, just crush, mush and VOILA!
This brought back good memories.
Mars Bar Crispy Cake (slice, thing)
- 120g butter
- 270g Mars Bars
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (30ml) golden syrup
- 3 3/4 cups (120g) rice bubbles
- Place butter, Mars Bars and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, using the spoon to break up the Mars Bars and squash any bits of nougat that are slow to melt.
- When the butter has melted and only small unmelted bits of nougat remain, increase the heat to medium, stirring constantly. The mixture may appear separated at first. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens slightly, and is fairly smooth and amalgamated. Remove from heat.
- Place rice bubbles in a large bowl. Add Mars Bar mixture and stir to combine, trying not to crush the rice bubbles. Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate while preparing the chocolate icing.
- Spread slice with icing and refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Rich Chocolate Icing
- 225g milk chocolate
- 45g butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring frequently. Alternatively, melt in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave.