Donde esta la chocolate?!
No chocolate in this recipe?! !gasp! what!? sacre ceur! The universe no longer makes sense!
To make up for the lack of chocolate, these cupcakes are just so PRETTY and DAINTY!
(From the CUPCAKE book by Susanna Fee)
For the cakes:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 oz butter softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
For the frosting:
- 6oz. butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioner sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 6 drops vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350Fahrenheit (180 celcius). Line muffin baking pans with 16 fluted baking cups. Sift together the flour and baking powder
- Beat together the butter and superfine sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then the vanilla. Fold in the flour mixture, then the milk.
- Fill each baking cup and bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Leave in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the until light and fluffy. Sift in the confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth, adding the milk and vanilla extract.
- Spread the frosting on each cupcake, using a star nozzle (or SCOOP AND DROP) then decorate as you wish.