Indeed my computer’s health took a turn for the worse this week, as did my baking mojo. Oh dear. It was all going so well, nutella magic.. and now.. well.. you’ll see.
This cake, in the professional photograph, looks bloody delicious. Sadly, mine ended up looking like a weird chocolate soup.
It collapsed, it self-destructed, I needed back-up. I shouted to Megan, coming to my aid as the cake started to smoosh onto the worktop… Together we managed to shovel into a tupperware container, where it continued to bubble and slush about.
SO the way I describe this makes it sound fairly disgusting, but it tastes really good.
My cake fails continue.
Chocolate Raspberry Pudding Cake
- 185g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 250g unsalted butter, chopped
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 250g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 185ml strong black coffee and 185ml water or 2 teaspoons instant coffee and 370ml water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g raspberries
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180degreesCelcius
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl, set aside.
- Put the butter, sugars, chocolate, coffee and water in a thick-bottomed saucepan and stir over a low heat until everything melts and is thick and smooth.
- Stir this mixture into the sifted flour and cocoa. Beat well until all smooth and glossy again, then beat in the eggs.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin until you have covered the base with about 2cm of the mixture and then cover with raspberries and pour the rest of the mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let it cool in the tin then cover with icing sugar.