Oh Nutella, how I love thee. Reminds me of summers in France..
These cookies are soft, fudgey and oh so more-ish.
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted & skinned hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.