It’s a long time since I have posted anything with a visit from my family and the whole sea of chocolate I’ve been swimming in since Christmas. I made these cupcakes a while ago, and they really are quite scrumptious.
What a pity I made too much icing, oh well, suppose I just had to finish the bowl.
Black & White Cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of baking soda
- 3 and a half tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup superfine sugar
for the frosting
- 6 ounces butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 6 drops vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350degrees fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with 12 baking cups and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and cocoa.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter over a gentle heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Beat together the eggs and superfine sugar. Add the flour mixture, then stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Fill each baking cup and bake for about 30 minutes until a crust has formed but cupcakes are still slightly moist in the centre. Leave to cool or serve warm.
- For the frosting, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Sift in the confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth, adding milk and vanilla extract.
- Spread the frosting on each cupcake when cooled.