Holy heck! Soup?! Savoury food?! What is this madness?! This is delicious madness.
(Yes, dear mother, I do eat vegetables.)
As a first time soup maker, I was nervous.. especially as my turn for soup week at work is coming up.
Thankfully this soup turned out yummy. Really how can you go wrong with adding stuff to a pot and heating it up?
(recipe from Megan’s mum/mom)
- 1 and a half lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped fine)
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 cans consumme
- 1 can tomato soup
- 4 carrots (chopped fine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sticks of celery (chopped fine)
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- pepper to taste
- 8 tbsps. barley
- Brown meat and onions. Dran well.
- Combine all ingredients in large pot.
- Simmer covered, at least 2 hours.
Serves 10. :)