So I’m trying this new eating regime and well basically it is wholly and completely comprised of peanut butter. Reese’s peanut butter cup, Reese’s pieces, peanut butter sandwich, and this amazingly delicious simple slice from the British strumpet of culinary concoctions: Nigella Lawson.
oh, and I made some muffins.. but they weren’t so tip top.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients for the Base
Ingredients for the topping
1. Stir all the ingredients for the base together until smooth.
2. I use the paddle attachments to my mixer, which my children love operating, but a bowl and a wooden spoon will do the job just as well.
3. You will find, either way, that some of the dark brown sugar stays in rubbly but very small, lumps, but don’t worry about that.
4. Press the sandy mixture into a 9-inch square brownie pan and make the surface as even as possible.
5. To make the topping, melt the chocolates and butter together (in a microwave for ease, for a minute or two on medium) and spread the base.
6. Put the pan in the refrigerator to set. When the chocolate has hardened, cut into small squares because, more-ish as it undeniably is, it is also very rich.
Makes approximately 48.