Dear New People Who Have Just Moved In Somewhere Upstairs,
Oh really, you’re moving in? Well of course I would Love you to play instruments at an obnoxiously loud level at 1am!
at first I thought it was Rock Band but then realised it was just random bursts of drums and god awful guitar with screeching of static.
You are not welcome to do this, please never do this again.. Or I will hunt you do down with my madly impeccable hearing skillz.
You will not be receiving a welcome muffin basket.
Talking of muffins..
Dark Chocolate Muffins
5 oz-dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chunks, dark or semisweet
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and chopped dark chocolate. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring frequently until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Whisk until almost smooth. Stir in melted chocolate mixture, making sure the batter is smooth and the chocolate is evenly incorporated, followed by chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack before serving. May be served at room temperature or slightly warmed. Store in an airtight container if not eating right away.